Thursday, June 3, 2010

First Day, First Blog

They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. In this case, I hope so. For months now I have been reading the blog of my good friend and colleague, Chief Jim Corwin, of the Kansas City, Missouri Police Department. After watching how skillfully he and his staff have used his blog to get vital and important information out to the public, I could not resist learning from his example. My motivations are the same as his -- to provide timely news information, to recognize noteworthy accomplishments of the men and women of our Police Department, to inform the public, primarily the citizens of Overland Park concerning issues and events important to our City, and finally, to offer a transparent window into the workings of our police department. Jim has done a great job of all these things. I am hopeful to achieve the same result.