According to research conducted by James Madison University:
• One of every five drivers will be involved in a crash this year.
• Crashes are the #1 killer of people age 44 and younger.
• Approximately 35,000 people die in crashes each year.
• When used properly, safety belts reduce fatalities by 60-70%.
• Motorists are 25 times more likely to be killed or injured when ejected.
• A common cause of death and injury to children in motor vehicles is being crushed by adults not wearing safety belts.
Make a habit of fastening your seat belt before driving. Insist your passengers are properly buckled. If you will be transporting children, make sure they are in a properly installed car seat or using their seat belts.