Thursday, April 21, 2011

Accident & Crime Reduction Initiative - April

The department's monthly Accident & Crime Reduction Initiative is scheduled to take place on Friday, April 22, 2011, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. More than two dozen officers will be deployed at several of the city's High Accident Locations and Traffic Complaint Areas.

Officers will be watching for violations which contribute to accidents. The violations include running red lights, following too close, improper turns, unsafe lane changes and aggressive driving. To assist in identifying violators, officers will make use of the city's traffic cameras. The city's traffic camera system is capable of monitoring traffic flow at more than 100 locations.

Included in this month's initiative are the city's Top Ten High Accident Locations:


1 I435 HWY / METCALF AVE
2 95 ST / US69 HWY
3 I435 HWY / QUIVIRA RD
4 75 ST / METCALF AVE
5 I435 HWY / ANTIOCH RD
6 I435 HWY / US69 HWY
7 COLLEGE BLVD / US69 HWY
8 COLLEGE BLVD / QUIVIRA RD
9 75 ST / I35 HWY
10 I435 HWY / NALL AVE