Did you know studies have shown that 37% of drivers have reported falling asleep or nodding off at the wheel?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) data reflects that over the past few years, there have been nearly 56,000 crashes annually in which driver fatigue or drowsiness played a role. The National Sleep Foundation offers the following tips to help prevent you from becoming a statistic:
• If possible, get a good night's sleep.
• Plan to drive long trips with a companion.
• Schedule regular stops every 100 miles or two hours.
• Avoid alcohol.
• Avoid medications that may make you drowsy.
• Drink the equivalent of two cups of coffee.
• Limit naps to 15 to 20 minutes. More than that can make you feel groggy.
Click the following links for more information.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
National Sleep Foundation