Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Police Reports

No one wants to be the victim of a crime, but what do you do if you are? First of all, if you find yourself in an emergency situation, call 911 immediately. If you are in a non-emergency situation, you can contact Police Dispatchers at 913-895-6300. They would then dispatch an Officer to your location to complete your report. They may also present you with the option of responding to either two of our stations, 8500 Antioch or 12400 Foster, to make your report. But, speaking with an Officer in person is not your only option. Our Online Police Reporting might be what fits in best with your day.

We allow submission of non-emergency reports that you may file immediately, with no wait. Then you can print a copy of the report for free.

The following types of reports may be completed online:
Harassing, threatening or obscene phone calls
Theft of: motor fuel, services, items from a vehicle, or other miscellaneous thefts
Suspicious activity or people
Lost license plates-not stolen
Lost property such as cell phones, wallets, purses, etc.
Possible drug activity in a neighborhood (that is not occurring at the moment)
Unlawful use of a credit or debit card

All reports filed with our Online Reporting System are reviewed by personnel. After review, a police officer or detective may contact you for further investigation, if needed. Reports with limited information or no leads do not get assigned to an investigator, so details are imperative. This reporting method can be found on our city website, www.opkansas.org.