Monday, January 23, 2012

Police Department Holds Promotional Ceremony

On Sunday January 22nd, 2012, the Police Department conducted a promotion ceremony which recognized six candidates for promotion; a Lieutenant Colonel, two Majors and three Sergeants.

Simon Happer was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Michael Imber and Sonta Wilburn were promoted to the rank of Major. The three individuals promoted to the rank of Sergeant were Matthew Bregel, Kyle Livengood, and Tirsa Otero.


One of the key components during the ceremony was the recitation of the Law Enforcement Oath of Honor, which reads:

"On my honor, I will never
betray my badge, my integrity,
my character or the public trust.

I will always have the courage to hold
myself and others accountable for our actions.

I will always uphold the constitution, my community, and the agency I serve.
"


Each one of these individuals has exemplified this oath by their actions and the way they do their jobs on a day-to-day basis. Please join me in congratulating each of them on their promotions.



Sergeant Matthew Bregel




Sergeant Kyle Livengood



Sergeant Tirsa Otero



Major Mike Imber



Major Sonta Wilburn



Lieutenant Colonel Simon Happer