Did you know one out of every four drivers will be involved in a motor vehicle accident in their lifetime? Did you also know the odds of being injured in a motor vehicle accident are 1 in 1000?
Here are some common sense tips to reduce your chances of becoming a motor vehicle accident statistic:
1. Always obey the speed limit.
2. Slow down in inclement weather.
3. Avoid driving when you're tired.
4. Check blind spots before changing lanes.
5. Maintain a safe distance.
6. Keep your eyes on the road. Don't be distracted.
7. Don't drink and drive.
8. Periodically check your tires for wear. Don't delay replacing worn tires.
9. Look both ways before entering an intersection.
10. Make proper use of your turn signals.