Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Traffic Alert for Saturday August 4th, 2012

From KDOT - Beginning at 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 4, all lane and ramp closures on I-435 will be in place for demolition work on the last remaining Quivira Road Interchange Bridge, including a full closure of eastbound and westbound I-435 from I-35 to US-69 in Overland Park. All lane and ramp closures will reopen to unrestricted traffic at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday morning, August 5.


Advance message boards will alert traffic to the lane and ramp closures. Drivers should expect MAJOR DELAYS and will need to use alternate routes during the lane and ramp closures. A marked detour will be provided. Westbound I-435 traffic will detour via northbound US-69 to westbound 87th Street to southbound I-35 to westbound I-435. Eastbound I-435 traffic will detour via northbound I-35 to eastbound 87th Street to southbound US-69 to eastbound I-435.

The updated daily traffic information for this project can be viewed online at: www.ksdot.org/kcmetro/laneclose.asp.

KDOT urges all motorists to be alert, obey the warning signs, and “Give ‘Em a Brake!” when approaching and driving through the project work zone. For more information on this improvement project, please contact Kimberly Qualls, Northeast Kansas Public Affairs Manager, at (785) 640-9340. (KDOT Project #K 8251-08)