Friday, September 28, 2012

Traffic Alert through Saturday

I-435 & US-69 Interchange Red Project


The following lane and ramp closures are scheduled to take place this Thursday-Saturday, September 27-29 for the setting of girders for the new Quivira Road Bridge over I-435, including a full overnight closure of all lanes of eastbound I-435 at I-35.

SHORT-TERM LANE CLOSURE: Eastbound I-435 right lane at Quivira Road will be closed for setting bridge girders between 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. the same day on Thursday and Friday, September 27-28. Project work is scheduled to be completed on Friday, September 28.

OVERNIGHT RAMP CLOSURE: Northbound and southbound I-35 to eastbound I-435 ramps will be closed for setting bridge girders overnight beginning at 9:30 p.m. and reopening at 5:00 a.m. the next morning on both Thursday and Friday, September 27-28. Project work is scheduled to be completed on Saturday, September 29.

OVERNIGHT FULL ROADWAY CLOSURE: All lanes of eastbound I-435 at I-35 will be closed for setting bridge girders overnight beginning at 10:00 p.m. and reopening at 5:00 a.m. the next morning on both Thursday and Friday, September 27-28. Project work is scheduled to be completed on Saturday, September 29.

Advance message boards will alert traffic to the lane and ramp closures and to the marked detours.

Drivers should expect MAJOR DELAYS and will need to use alternate routes during the lane and ramp closures. Updated daily traffic information for this project can be viewed online at: www.ksdot.org/kcmetro/laneclose.asp


The Kansas Department of Transportation urges all motorists to be alert, obey the warning signs, and “Give ‘Em a Brake!” when approaching and driving through the project work zone.