National Coalition Against Domestic Violence:According to the
• An estimated 1.3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner each year.
• 85% of domestic violence victims are women.
• Historically, females have been most often victimized by someone they kn0w.
• Most victims of domestic violence in Kansas are white females between the ages of 20 and 24. Most offenders are white males between the ages of 20 and 24 and are most often the spouses/ex-spouses or boyfriends/ex-boyfriends of the victims.
• Most cases of domestic violence are never reported to the police.
Tonight at 6:00pm is a Candlelight Vigil at the Johnson Co. Courthouse Gazebo/Courtyard, 100 N. Kansas Ave, Olathe, KS. Please join Johnson County District Attorney Stephen M. Howe to honor victims, celebrate survivors and recognize those who work to end Domestic Violence in this community. Light a candle tonight to celebrate the strength of victims of Domestic Violence.