As a follow up to Wednesday’s blog regarding the top ten accident locations in Overland Park, here are some key tips to remember when getting behind the wheel.
- Always wear your seatbelt.
- If impaired by alcohol or drugs, find a sober driver.
- Avoid using your cell phone. This includes any form of texting.
- If you must eat, pull off the road.
- Don't tailgate. Leave at least 1 car length for every 10 mph.
- Change radio stations while stationary.
- Never apply makeup or groom hair while moving.
- Look twice before backing.
- Steer with your hands; not with your legs.
- Don't speed - not even a little bit.
- Concentrate, Concentrate and Concentrate.
As you can see, overall accidents have continued to go down the last two years, while the number of injury accidents has remained the same.