Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Driver Awareness Campaign Scheduled Today

In an ongoing effort to keep the roadways safe for the citizens of Overland Park and the thousands of motorists who travel our roadways on a daily basis, officers from the Traffic Safety Unit and TAC unit will team up to work the department's monthly Accident Reduction Initiative.

Today, April 16th, 2013, special attention will be given to the following locations:

87th Street & US 69 Highway /Lenexa Drive
75th Street and I-35 Highway
College & US 69 Highway
I-435 Highway & Antioch Road
I-435 Highway & Metcalf Avenue
I-435 Highway & Nall Avenue
I-435 Highway & Roe Avenue
135th Street & US 69 Highway

The primary goals of the monthly enforcement initiatives are to reduce accidents and to get drivers and passengers to buckle up. Another benefit of the Accident Reduction Initiative is the prevention of crime by saturating these areas with police officers.