Friday, February 14, 2014

Don’t Ever Pass Up A Chance

“Someone Died Last Night”was my blog title on August 11th, 2010. I recounted learning that the victim of a fatality accident that occurred on an Overland Park city boundary was the husband of my wife’s friend.  With today being Valentine’s Day, that blog, my wife’s friend, and countless other families who have lost a loved one come to mind.

It seems like today might be appropriate to remind everyone that every face out there is someone’s loved one.  As you find yourself grabbing up that last minute gift and hurrying home to your Valentine, remember to drive safely and never take a moment for granted.  

Enjoy the weekend; I hear it’s supposed to finally warm up.  Give your children a hug.  Tell your significant other you love and appreciate them.  Each time you walk out the door, leave them, and yourself, with a good memory to hold on to.