In certain situations that may not require an emergency response or immediate attention, you have the option of making a report at our Sanders Station,12400 Foster Street. Please sure to bring all items of evidentiary value (paperwork/documentation) so we can complete the report without having you make unnecessary trips back home.
Speaking with an officer in person is not your only option. Our Online Police Reporting allows you to complete a report and retrieve a case number, which in many cases is all that you're needing at the time.
We allow submission of non-emergency reports that you may file immediately, with no wait. Then you can print a copy of the report for free.
- The following types of reports may be completed online:
- Harassing, threatening or obscene phone calls
- Theft of: motor fuel, services, items from a vehicle, or other miscellaneous thefts
- Suspicious activity or people
- Lost license plates-not stolen
- Lost property such as cell phones, wallets, purses, etc.
- Possible drug activity in a neighborhood (that is not occurring at the moment)
- Unlawful use of a credit or debit card
All reports filed with our Online Reporting System are reviewed by personnel. After review, a police officer or detective may contact you for further investigation, if needed. Reports with limited information or no leads do not get assigned to an investigator, so details are imperative. This reporting method can be found on our city website at the following link: http://www.opkansas.org/city-government/police-department/makingrequesting-a-police-report/online-police-reporting/