The Overland Park Police Department will be partnering with the DEA again for another Prescription Drug Take Back event on Saturday, April 26th, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. You may take prescription items or other medication to drop off at any of the following locations:
The locations in Overland Park include:
• W. Jack Sanders Justice Center, 12400 Foster
• Myron E. Scafe Building, 8500 Antioch
• Price Chopper, 7000 W. 75th Street
• Price Chopper, 7418 W. 119th Street
• Price Chopper, 11700 W. 135th Street
• Price Chopper, 7201 W. 151st Street
• Hen House, 6900 W. 135th Street
Proper disposal of medications can help prevent drug abuse. It also keeps you from flushing those old meds and sending them to the great beyond like Goldie the dead gold fish, which, after doing a little checking, it turns out, is also bad for the water supply and can spread disease.
So make plans to clean out your medicine cabinets and drop off any unused prescriptions to one of the Take Back locations.